Weetbix Chocolate Slice
This is such a quick, tasty sweet slice you can whip up easily and convert to be vegan friendly – no worries at all! Ideal for those with nut allergies, dairy intolerance or egg allergies as this simple classic doesn’t contain any of those.
With the holidays almost upon us this is a quick sweet treat everyone can enjoy. The ingredients are almost always in your kitchen. No fancy ingredients needed, no skill just taste buds needing to be satisfied!
Ingredients for the base:
- 5 Weet-Bix crushed
- 1½ cups self raising flour
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 200g nuttalex
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp nuttalex
- boiling water
- coconut for sprinkling
- Combine crushed Weet-Bix, self raising flour, cocoa powder and coconut in a mixing bowl, stir well.
- Place sugar, maple syrup and nuttalex into a saucepan and melt until sugar is dissolved.
- Add vanilla essence and blend together with a spoon.
- Pour the melted nuttalex mixture over the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Pour the slice mixture into a 20cm x 30cm lined baking dish, pat down firmly and evenly.
- Bake at 180°C, for 15-20 minutes or until firm. Remove from oven and cool in the tray. Be careful when removing from the tray that it doesn’t crumble. Take care! You’ll see we were a bit hasty at this point 🙂
- To make icing combine icing sugar, cacao and nuttalex in a bowl.
- Gradually add boiling water mixing until desired thickness is reached.
- Spread icing over slice with a sprinkling of coconut.
The kids can help with this one, so simple and fun.
Finally, go make yourself a cuppa of your preferred choice of beverage, sit down for a bit and enjoy this yummy treat!
Michelle x x