Red Lentil Curry
A quick, easy delicious dish you can whip up and be eating within an hour. The whole family enjoys this super tasty curry. The combination of red lentils, spinach, tomatoes, yoghurt and curry spices is just right and comes together so well in this delicious vegetarian curry recipe. We like to have it on a bed of plain rice or some yummy mashed potato.
Dairy free, nut free, egg free, vegan friendly.
- 1/2 cup Red Lentils
- 1 x 400gram can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400 gram can of 4 bean mix, rinsed and drained.
- 3/4 cup soy yogurt – I’ve been looking for a delicious vegan yogurt for ages and hubby came home with this a few weeks ago. It has a lovely creamy texture and is very tasty. It works really well in this dish.
- 1 medium white onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2 tabelspoons of vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- teaspoon grated fresh turmeric
- 2-3 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh corriander (optional)
- Rinse lentils, place in saucepan with enough water to cover, bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 mintues or until tender.
- In a large bowl mix yogurt, canned tomatoes, garam masala & cumin. Stir until creamy.
- Heat oil in a large pot, stir in onion, garlic, ginger and turmeric. Cook until lightly browned. Stir through rinsed spinach and cook until wilted.
- Stir in the yogurt mixture, then add fresh corriander.
- Stir in cooked lentils, then 4 bean mix and combine well.
Do you love veggie curries?? If so, I’d love to hear yours!! or if you make this Red Lentil Curry please post your thoughts on it, would love to hear from you!
Until next time,