Ultimate Detox Mask.
This clay mask powder is 100% pure Australian Bentonite Clay. A highly absorbent and excellent clay for drawing out oil, toxins and impurities which lends itself to being an ideal product to use as a very effective detoxing mask.
Excellent for those with clogged pores, blackheads and conjested skin. It is very drawing, cleansing and detoxifying yet gentle on the skin.
It is ideal to use as an Armpit Mask. An armpit mask? Why would I apply a mask to my armpits?
Armpits are an area of the body that can naturally become smelly. Obviously we sweat and this can, for some, mean body odor. A healthy bathing regime is of course a regular habit but sometimes the armpits could do with an extra bit of deep cleansing. Particularly so if you use commercial antiperspirants. If you read out blog post about natural vs chemical in relation to deodorants it will give a good understanding of why an armpit detox is a great thing to do!
If you have made the healthy choice to ditch the chemical antiperspirant for a natural deodorant we highly recommend doing an armpit detox to help with the transition. Some people make the switch from commercial antiperspirants to natural deodorants without any issues but for some of us the underarm pores need a little help to effectively cleanse away any residual buildup that has accumulated in your follicles from using mainstream antiperspirant products for such a long time.
Step in, using Benonite Blue Clay as a armpit mask. It is a fantastic, natural way to detox and deeply cleanse your armpits.
Ingredients needed for an armpit detox:
- 1 tablespoon benonite clay
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (optional but very helpful with the process if you have it available)
- 1-2 teaspoons of water (until you get right consistency, a smooth paste texture)
How to make an armpit detox mask:
- Mix the ingredients together in a glass bowl (do not use metal) with a wooden or non-metal spoon until about the consistency of smooth sour cream.
- Apply an even layer over clean armpits and allow to sit for 5-15 minutes. It’s best to start slowly, less is more to start with. If you feel any discomfort at all, remove immediately.
- There may be some mild redness as the detoxing will increase blood-flow to the area, but it will go away quickly.
- Jump in the shower and wash off the mask with a warm warm and a wet washcloth.
- For strong, stubborn underarm odor this process can be repeated every few days or as needed until under-arm odor goes away. An armpit detox mask every 4-6 weeks is a healthy at home treatment to help rid the body of toxins and waste.
- I find it easier to do one armpit at a time. I do my left side one night and then the next night I’ll do my right side. As it can be very uncomfortable having the raise both arms for 15 minutes while the mask is doing it’s thing!
Ingredients: Australian Bentonite
Size: 100ml tub
Our tubs are generous, you will get approx 10 mask applications from one tub.