Sandalwood Shaving Soap
This Shaving Soap is a pleasure to use, it gives a brilliant lather whilst deeply nourishing and moisturising the skin. Handmade with a skin nourishing blend of organic oils and soothing butters and infused with the euphoric woody scent of 100% pure Sandalwood essential oil.
Our Shaving soap will not leave your skin feeling dry or irritated. The formula we have created for our shaving soap is different to that of our body soaps and different again to that of our facial soaps. Shaving soap needs to protect the skin during the shave, provide enough slip, give a good creamy lather, provide deep nourishment and keep the skin hydrated. Our shaving soap provides all of this and will leave your freshly shaved skin feeling soft and smooth.
To get the most out of your Shaving Soap follow these steps…
- Wet your shaving brush under running hot water or fill up a cup with hot water and leave the brush in the water for at least a minute. Always use a good quality brush. Avoid synthetic fibers, go for naturally soft fibers.
- Make sure the shaving brush has absorbed the hot water. It’s important to keep enough moisture in the brush so that it gets to your face to soften your beard hairs and open pores. Try not to squeeze too much excess water off the brush.
- Lather up the soap using circular motions with your brush, directly on the soap. You’ll see large bubbles forming, keep swirling the brush and lathering the soap and you’ll soon achieve a rich, warm, bubbly lather.
- Apply and massage the warm lather on the soaped brush evenly across your face in circular motions. Allow the beard hair to stand up so the razor can sit close to the base of the hair follicle. The longer you whisk, the richer the lather, the smoother the shave and the more your skin will be protected.
- Adding a touch more hot water will normally provide re-lathering for second or third rounds, if required, without using more soap.
- After your shave be sure to rinse your shaving soap with water and then leave it air dry completely. It is critical to ensure handmade soap is left to dry in between uses. Use a well ventilated soap dish so your soap can nicely aerate between uses. If not left to dry it will indeed go soggy due to the natural oil and butter content in the product. So simply remember to leave it to dry out until the next time you use it. 🙂
Your skin will feel very soft and smooth after shaving with our shaving soap. If you do wish to moisture we recommend you use our Sandalwood Organic Butter after shaving. This organic butter is a super gentle, very effective face cream. Made with rich cocoa butter and hydrating macadamia oil it leaves the skin feeling soft and supple. Our Sandalwood Shaving Soap used in conjunction with our Sandalwood Organic Butter give the skin great results. Both products smell absolutely divine and are just a pleasure to use.
Why Sandalwood? We love the powerful properties and woody aroma of this beautiful essential oil. Not only does it smell amazing it is known to help relieve dry skin conditions and also help calm acne inflammation. It has wonderful anti-inflammatory properties and can be used on dry, sensitive skin types. It is also believed to help de-stress, relax, calm, ground and soothe.
Shaving Soap ingredients: sapnofied oils of olive oil, coconut oil, shea butter, castor oil, macadamia oil, sweet almond oil, coconut milk. Clays: ghassoul clay, kaolin clay. Essential oils: sandalwood, cedarwood. Size: 100gram round