Potato and Cauliflower Soup
This easy, delicious one pot wonder has become a regular weekly dish during the cooler months in our house.
Dairy free, nut free, vegan.
Super tasty and quick and easy to make!
The humble potato and versatile cauliflower are the stars of this scrumptious dish.
Here’s how to make it.
- Olive Oil (can use ghee or butter if you like)
- 1 medium onion – chopped finely
- 2-3 crushed garlic cloves
- 4 large potatoes (we use red potatoes but any type is fine)
- half a large cauliflower – chopped into bite sized pieces
- 3 & half cups of veggie stock – I make my own veggie broth in bulk in the slow cooker and then freeze it into portions and then take out as I need it.
- 1 tablespoon curry leaves – crushed (we have a curry leaf tree so I use these but you can use your choice of curry powder)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground fenugreek seeds
- 1 tablespoon corriander seeds
- 1 400ml can coconut cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in large pot, add garlic and onion. Cook until softened.
Add the spices – curry powder, cumin, corriander, fenugreek – mix quickly over the heat until fragrant.
Add in the chopped potato and chopped cauliflower.
Stir veggies ensuring they are covered with spice mixture.
Add the stock, bring to the boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for approx 25 minutes or until potato is tender.
Once potato and cauliflower is cooked, use a potato masher to squash the soap and cauliflower to a rough texture.
Take off the heat and stir through a can of coconut cream.
Add salt and pepper to taste
Ladle into bowls. Serve with crusty bread, pita or toast.