Easy Vegan Quiche
Quiche is typically made using eggs, milk, butter and flour. Our quiche recipe has used vegan alternatives ingredients to these traditional ingredients.
Check it out below. It’s easy, vegan and delicious!
- Equivalent to 4 eggs, we use Egg Replacer.
- 1&half cups of dairy free milk – we use Vitasoy Soy Milk.
- 3 tablespoons of dairy free butter – we use Nuttalex
- 1/2 cup SR flour – we use Gluten Free SR flour
- 1/2 cup of vegan cheese – optional.
- 2 cups of filling of choice.
- 1 can of corn kernels.
- 1-2 ripe tomatoes.
- Fresh herbs of choice.
Plant based milk – there are so many dairy free milk alternatives out there now. Soy milk, oat milk, almond milk or rice milk. All have excellent taste, texture and work really well.
Egg Replacer – this is great stuff! An excellent alternative to eggs. It gives awesome results in baking, pancakes, quiche, biscuits and cakes. It may take a bit of tinkering a bit to find the right equivalence but most you’ve mastered it, it’s great!
Vegan cheese alternative and dairy free butter.
We love both of these brands.
Filling suggestions: saute onion, garlic until browned then add any combination of the following veggies….capsicum, mushrooms and broccoli or maybe capsicum, mushrooms and spinach or how about capsicum, mushrooms and asparagus.
I definitely recommend whatever veggie combo you do choose to always having mushrooms, they really add great flavour. It’s best if the filling is cooled before adding to the mixture.
- Preheat over to 180C
- Whisk together egg replacer, milk, melted butter and flour.
- Fold in vegan cheese if using it.
- Fold in cooked fillings, can of corn and fresh herbs.
- Pour into a 24cm greased quiche dish.
- Place slices on tomato on top, season with salt & pepper.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until set.
- Serve hot or cold.
This quiche can be freezed however it’s highly unlikely there will be leftovers!
I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised how easy and delicious this recipe is.
Have you tried to make vegan quiche before? Love to hear if from you.
Michelle x x