10 Ways to Stay Connected to You.
Responsibilities, commitments, deadlines, to-do lists, demands of others, overwhelmed, too much to do, appointments, tired, busyness, chores, meetings….I get it. Life is busy. Everyone is busy. The whole world seems to be busy. Busy doing what? Busy living a fantastic Life I hope!!! That’s my intention every morning when I wake up anyway. Are you paying attention to how you are spending your days, your hours, your minutes and your breaths.
Slow down and connect back to You. I know, I know, there’s commitments, family to take care of, work to do, gotta do this, gotta do that…just stuff, I completely understand. I also know how vital it is to look after You. This is a quick read, some insights for you to ponder and hopefully to take action on them too.
- Be Kind to Yourself – both physically and mentally. Nourish and fuel your body with wholesome and nutritious foods. Hydrate with water first. Treat yourself kindly. Speak to yourself kindly. You are what you think about. Your Life is ultimately the results of the thoughts you think and the consequent actions you make so think good and do good. Be kind to Yourself.
- Breathe Deeply – to reset and reconnect. Returning to your breath is such a powerful and simple action that can be done immediately. Stop right now and notice your breath. Is your breath racing or are you controlled and calm. Breath really is e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. It is the one thing that is with us from the very start in life right up until the of our days. It is pretty amazing when you think of it like that. Honor your breath, notice it and listen to it.
- Move your Body – with intention and awareness. Mind, body connection. Our bodies are the physical vehicle we have be given to carry us throughout life. Treat it well, listen to it. If it needs a tune up, get a massage. If it needs some attention, go for a walk, do a yoga class or whatever movement makes you feel great for doing it. Keep the blood flowing, pumping and that energy moving in the right direction.
- Experience your Emotions – embrace them and feel them. Emotions, also called feelings are specific reactions to a particular event. Moods however are different altogether. Our minds are truly incredible. They really are. I am fascinated with the power of the mind, beliefs and thoughts. Emotions are to be experienced but remember this famous Chinese Proverb – Control your emotions or they will control you.
- Create Healthy Habits – to benefit both our physical and mental health. Carrying out small positive changes, one little bit at a time and sticking to them until they become just part of our daily existence. All change starts with a commitment to make the change and then the courage to step in and take action and make those changes happen. Not just talk about them but actually do them. One habit at a time, one small step at a time will most certainly make a big difference in the long term game of life.
- Smile more often – this is simple, just put a smile on your dial more often. My hubby has the most gorgeous smile, he’s always smiling, I love that about him. My Dad too had such a warm, friendly, welcoming personality and it is what people remember about him. His friendly, happy nature you couldn’t help be uplifted whilst being around him. A lovely human being, it was just pure ease being in his company. Sooooo, are you smiling?? I hope so! 🙂 Smile and the world will smile with you.
- Give People Compliments – this is such a nice thing to do for others, I love giving people compliments. The smallest little compliment can go miles for someone. We don’t know what people are going through, how their day is going, what pressures or challenges they are experiencing but the simple act of a heartfelt compliment can boost someones spirits, put a smile of their face, change their perspective or give them hope. Giving others compliments will in turn enhance your own self-confidence and self-esteem also with the best part of all, that your are making someones day with your sincere kind words.
- Appreciate what you Have – in this very moment. Your family, your pets, your health, a roof over your head, that you can walk, see and move your body. That you have healthy kids, a supportive friend, live in the best country on the planet, your breath. Truly appreciate the simplest of things because to others these simple things you have, they would do anything to have. Keep perspective and keep it simple.
- Cultivate a Productive Morning Routine. The way you start your day generally sets the tone for how your day goes. Is it rushed, panic stations, forgetting things. Or is there flow, ease and a sense of excitement to leap right into the new day that is upon you!? Number 5 – creating healthy habits is a relative of this one. Link the two.
- Pay Attention – do you know deep down what makes you truly happy, what makes you tick, the reason you get up in the morning? Are you honoring you, your passions and desires. Live your truth. Ignore and sieve out unnecessary drama, unproductive, time wasting stuff. Consume your days, your mind, your thoughts, your feelings and actions (which by the way is what comprises of your Life!) with all the awesome, all the positive, all the good. Everyday isn’t perfect but you are the director of your life, pay attention to you, the lead role! Choose happiness. Replace unproductive, unhelpful thoughts with good and lean into growth. Learn to tap into you, get to know the real you and pay attention to how you are living. For me I’ve found EFT (emotional freedom technique) to be sooooo helpful when working through difficult times. Nothing is perfect. Imperfection is beauty I say. Some days we’ll mess up, make mistakes, not do something as well as we would have liked but in my experience these are all lessons in life, experiences had to help us learn and grown along the way. It’s all what makes up this wonderful journey we are blessed to live called Life. Make it an extraordinary one!
Staying connected to You….it does involve others at times doesn’t it….but the connection starts from within ourselves. It is how we react to situations, how we choose to define something, what we choose to think, what we say, what we do or do not do. I don’t have all the answers but I know Life is fleeting and I know that Life is here to be lived fully. Love your Life and live every single day with love and gratitude. My intention with this post is to share a different perspective, to help you think outside the box, to help you honor you and to share good vibrations.
I’d love to hear how you stay connected? and if you have any personal development mentors that have inspired you on your way? Love to hear from you!
Michelle x x