This recipe is healthy, economical, super quick, super easy and most importantly – super tasty!
A delicious vegan family dish that is ready to eat in under an hour and is also dairy free.
We love to enjoy our broccoli soup along with warm crusty rye roll. Yum! Oh and this soup freezes really well too.
- 1 medium sized Onion
- 4-5 cloves Garlic
- 3-5 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Spices: 1 tbs fenugreek, handful of curry leaves, 1 tbs cumin, 2 tbs corriander seeds – blast spices all together in a nutri bullet or grind down to a powder texture in a mortar and pestle.
- 2 large heads of broccoli, chopped
- 3 cups of boiling water
- Fry chopped onion and crushed garlic in olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Once onion mixture is slightly browned, add spices, stir quickly.
- Add chopped broccoli, stir to coat broccoli with onion, garlic, spice mixture.
- Add approx 3 cups of boiling water.
- Boil on low-medium temp, keep an eye on temp and cook until broccoli is tender.
- Mash soup mixture with a potato masher or puree in a blender.
- Broccoli soup is done!
Have you made broccoli soup before? Love to hear any variations you’d like to share.
Perhaps you add leek or potato to your broccoli soup? Feel free to discuss in the comments below. Broccoli soup, such a delicious, easy dish the entire family will enjoy.
Until next time,
Michelle x x